If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, we kindly ask you to refrain from using or accessing the Website.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
Access to the Website may take place without logging in, and is permitted on a temporary basis. The Agency reserves the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or modify any part of the Website without prior notice (see below). Continued use of the Website following the posting of changes will mean that the changes have been accepted and agreed to.
We shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we shall not be liable should the Website be unavailable at any time, or for any period.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and may not be used:
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- In any way which may infringe our rights or the rights of third parties;
- To post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via the Website which is obscene, defamatory or in any way harmful;
- To obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Website;
- To alter, deface or interfere with the Website in any way;
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the services, or any other systems or networks connected to the services or to any Government of Malta server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means;
- To probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website, including the services or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website, including the services or any network connected to the Website;
- To reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace the source of any information on any other user of or visitor to the Website, or any other customer of the Government of Malta, including any service account not owned by you or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Website or any service provided through the Website;
- To forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to the Government of Malta on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend to be or represent someone else, or impersonate any other person or entity unless
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information to any competent law enforcement authorities in the event of a breach of the preceding paragraph and/or when we determine that the applicable law requires or permits such disclosure.
By using the Website, you also agree that you will not:
- make any reproduction, duplicate, copy or re-sale of any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions;
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
(i) any part of the Website;
(ii) any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
(iii) any software used in the provision of the Website; or
(iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- Not use of any “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or another automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process will be made, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the services or any content provided through the Website, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve the right to bar any such activity;
- No action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or Government of Malta systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Website will be taken;
- No use of any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, including the services, or any transaction being conducted on the Website with any other person or entity using the Website, including the services, will be made;
- That the Agency may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Website, for cause, which includes but not limited to:
- Requests by law enforcement or other governmental entities;
- A request by you;
- Discontinuance or material modification of the Website or any service offered on or through the Website;
- Unexpected technical issues or problems.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Agency may provide links to third party websites and resources, which links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents or resources provided therein and we assume no responsibility for any loss or damages that you may suffer from their use.
LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE
You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Website must not be framed on any other site.
The content found on the Website is the exclusive property of the Agency and is protected by copyright. Unless otherwise stated, reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and indicate clearly any restrictions on use.
Display, download of extracts and printing off of copies for your personal reference and use may be made, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to any material posted on the Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
In the event of printing off, copying or downloading any part of the Website in breach of these terms and conditions of use, the right to use the Website shall cease immediately and if requested, you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
RELIANCE OF INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary, information and other material on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore, disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
We aim to update the Website regularly and may change the contents therein at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. Should any of the material contained in the Website become outdated, we shall be under no obligation to update such material.
The Agency wants to ensure that you enjoy browsing the Website, thus in order to enhance the experience, we have implemented session cookies to your browser. A session cookie is a piece of data which is stored on your computer and which expires once you close down your internet browser. The Website uses session cookies to temporarily identify user actions when accessing the Website, including the services being used. A session cookie is an information stored in your browser’s cache which is only available to the Website for the duration of your browser’s lifetime window (session) when accessing the Website or the services and no other site can request this information. By using the Website or the services you consent to the storage of cookies on your personal computer. To ensure that the information stored by the session cookie is cleared from the cache on your personal computer, it is highly recommended that you close your browser when you finish using the Website or the services.
The Agency has used utmost care to ensure and maintain the highest level of security possible. We, however, take no responsibility, for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material, resulting from the use of the Website or the downloading of material posted on it, or on any other website linked to it.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, together with any identified contributors (including entities within Government of Malta) and third parties connected to us, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by law;
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not impact our liability for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The content of the Website is provided without any warranties or assurances. We declare and you acknowledge that all implied warranties and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. You should note in particular that the services provided through the Website:
- are not intended to constitute a definitive or complete statement of the law on any subject;
- are not intended to constitute legal or professional advice in any specific situation;
- do not commit the Agency to any obligation whatsoever;
- include archived information and resources, which may be incorrect or out of date;
- and our means of delivering it may be incompatible with your software or computer configuration;
- may be changed or withdrawn partially or fully through the Website at our discretion.
We are fully committed to protecting our visitors’ and/or user’s privacy and we will not collect any personal data about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily. In recognition of our legal duty to respect and protect any personal information we collect from you, we commit to take all safeguards necessary to prevent unauthorised access and any personal data collected from you as a visitor and/or user, is not passed on to any third party, without your authorised consent.
As a visitor to the Website, we collect the following types of information about you:
- Contact information including your name, surname and email address;
- Feedback information;
- Web page download information;
- Site usage information.
As a user, we collect personal data in the process of submission of forms through the Website, addressed to a Ministry or any Department of the Government of Malta, or any other entity as the case may be.
By using the Website, consent to such processing is given, including the transfer of personal information to the relevant Government of Malta ministry, department or other entity and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, no personal data that we process will be kept longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purpose for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
If you have any queries in relation to personal information on you, if any, held by us, please contact us on the email address provided under “Your Concerns” section.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the Website conforms to the accessibility requirements and recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and this to ensure that the Website caters for individuals with specific disabilities.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDCITION
The Courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising from, or in relation to with the Website and the Terms.
The data controller is the Agency whose office is situated at the Mediterranean Conference Centre, Old Hospital Street, Valletta.
Thank you for visiting.